My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern California

Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Mary's footloose and kid-free nachos

Sunday Mike took both of the kids out for a couple of hours so that I could write uninterrupted. The house was so quiet I could hear the ticking of the clock. I can't remember the last time I was alone in my house. I didn't even remember we had a clock that made a ticking noise. It was strange and lovely and I got lots of good writing done. I could hear myself think!

For lunch I made a big plate of crazy kid-free nachos and ate them while hunched over the computer. Heaven! Here's the recipe. I don't recommend these unless you like crazy taste combinations and your fussy eaters are somewhere off premises.

Mary's kid-free nachos

2 or 3 large handfuls of tortilla chips. I like white corn restaurant-style.
1/4 to 1/2 cup whole black beans, cooked
1 to 2 handfuls shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/4 to 1/2 cup classic macaroni salad
5 tablespoons salsa
5 teaspoons soft goat's milk cheese. I used roasted garlic and basil flavor.

  • Spread tortilla chips on large dinner plate.
  • Sprinkle chips with shredded cheese.
  • Add your beans.
  • Microwave for 1 minute.
  • Scoop pasta salad on chips, cheese, and beans.
  • Place scoops of salsa in an attractive, balanced arrangement.
  • Place scoops of goat's milk cheese wherever the salsa is not.

Enjoy without children.

***
Technorati tags: , , ,